-To provide the most advanced, innovative, and user-friendly allergy care to our patients.
-To make allergy testing as non-intimidating as possible to both children and adult patients.
-To educate our patients regarding their allergies so that they can make informed decisions about their treatment.
-To offer multiple approaches to allergy treatment. Dr. Lewin offers both allergy drops and allergy shots
-To coordinate patient care with primary care doctors and other physicians.
Allergy drops are a safe, effective, at-home alternative to traditional allergy shot immunotherapy. Allergy drops are taken daily under the tongue (sublingual immunotherapy) to build up the body's immunity to prevent allergy symptoms.
Safe and Effective
- Drops use the same FDA-approved antigens as traditional allergy shots
- Drops are the preferred method of treating allergies in Europe
- Drops can treat allergies that shots cannot, such as food allergies and poison ivy allergy
At Home Treatment
- No weekly visits required as are necessary with shots
- No weekly copays
- Patients administer the drops themselves
- No shots, no tears!
- Pleasant taste
- Easy to take
Allergy shots (subcutaneous immunotherapy) are a traditional method of allergy treatment. Patients come into the office weekly for shots over a period of several years, building up their bodies' immunity to prevent allergy symptoms.